The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Court Finds Five In Waldorf Brawl Guilty on 1 Count

All five students involved in the Square's Waldorf Cafeteria brawl of March 18 were found guilty yesterday of disturbing the peace. The Cambridge Third District Court dismissed the 13 other counts against them.

Judge Louis Green imposed no fines, but ordered the verdict placed on file. The five pleaded guilty to the single count after police officers who arrested them agreed to withdraw charges of drunkenness, assaulting an officer in uniform, and attempting to rescue a prisoner.

Judge Reprimands Students

The defendants promised to pay $30.40 for damages to the cafeteria and to a policeman's uniform. The dismissed charges could have brought jail sentences of over five years and fines of more than $500 to each defendant.

Judge Green reprimanded the students after the proceedings. Three of them are undergraduates here, Peter R. Fisher '54, George M. Osgoodby '52, and Eben W. Keyes '54. The other two are seniors at Dartmouth.

"I hope this will be a lesson to you," the Judge told them. Dean Leighton attended the session. He said any University action against the three students will be decided at an administrative board meeting next week.