'54 to Play Deerfield in Lacrosse, Opposes B.U. Freshman Nine Today

It will be a rugged game when the Yardling lacrosse team plays Deerfield Academy on the Business School field at 3 p.m. today. The Green and White, always one of the top teams in New England, has an all-veteran powerhouse which has whitewashed the R.P.I. freshmen, 23 to 0.

Deerfield's coach, Ben Haviland, teaches his men to use long sticks and to play a hard-checking, long-passing game.

Crimson defensemen and goalie Larry Ratner, new to the game, may have trouble stopping Deerfield's rough and hard-shooting attackmen Dexter Lewis and Paul Timer. Midfielder George Lunt, starting his fourth year on the Green and White's varsity is another scoring threat.

Yardling attackmen Monk Aiello, Willie Kurth, and Jim Green should find goalie Art Dubois the weak spot.

HARVARD--Goal, Ratner; Defense, Coburn, Hartwell, and Larsen; Midfield, Waring, Edwards, and Goodwin; Attack, Aiello, Kurth, and Green.

The Yardling baseball team will play its second regularly scheduled game at 3 p.m. today when it meets the Boston University freshmen at Soldiers Field.

Of its two games so far, the '54 nine has won one and lost one. The Yardlings best Tufts, 12 to 1 in their opener, but lost to Rindge Tech in a practice game Monady.

Lose to Rindge

Against Rindge Tech the Crimson was ahead until the first of the ninth, when the high schoolers took the lead. The freshmen managed to put one man across the plate in the last half of the ninth, but their rally was ended by a Rindge double play.

Coach Samborski expects B.U. to field its "usual good team" today. There will be two changes from the batting order of the Tufts game. Ed Krinsky will replace Ray Maesaka at third and right hander John Arnold will pitch. The batting order: Krinsky, 3b; Shurdut, 2b; Anderson, ss; Scheer, lf; Donovan, cf; Bortz, rf; Kiggen, 1b; Peyton, c; Arnold, p.