Council Report Permits Parking, Disapproves Showing of 'Ecstasy'

Parking and broadcasting at Harvard were smiled upon by the City Council yesterday, but the city fathers took a dim view of "Ecstasy."

Councilman Chester Higgley introduced a resolution to allow all night parking in Cambridge from April to November every year. This would overcome present objections that cars parked all night interfere with snow removal. The resolution was sent to committee as the council unanimously agreed on the resolution in principle. In the past, similar proposals have been submitted and rejected.

The group also approved a communication from the Commonwealth which would allow WHRB to be incorporated as the Harvard Radio Broadcasting company.

But the Council unanimously passed Councilman Edward J. Sullivan's order to the License Bureau to be more careful about issuing permits for moves in Cambridge. Sullivan commented that "someone was lax" in allowing the film "Ecstasy" to be shown at New Lecture Hall two nights last week. He also indicated, however, that he would not press the issue of the movie's showing.