7 Harvard Men Get Public Health Gifts

Seven Harvard research experts are among these listed as recipients of grants from the United States Public Health Service, it was announced yesterday. One hundred eight grants to finance research in health problems were given.

The largest benefactors are Edwin J. Cohn, Professor of Biological Chemistry, and Charles A. Janeway, Thomas Morgan Rotch Professor of Pediatrics. They were awarded a total of $70,858 to continue their studies on blood. Cohn has been doing outstanding work in breaking blood into fractional parts, while Janeway has been doing the clinical work in conjunction with Cohn.

Long Work Aided

Theodore L. Badger, Instructor in Medicine, and Edward A. Gaensler, assistant in Maternal and Child Health, were given $10,000 to continue their work on the lungs and respiratory system.

Twenty-three thousand was awarded to Paul L. Munsen and Roy O. Greep '46, associate professors of Dental Science, in order to carry on further glandular research. They have been working on the water and salt content of the body.

Associate professor of Bacteriology, Monroe D. Eaton received $11,638 for further experiments on virus diseases.