Wilson Takes Discus Throw; Crimson Places 4th in Heps

A1 Wilson won the discus throw at the seventeenth annual Heptagonal outdoor track and field championships at Brown Field, Providence, on Saturday. Wilson, who holds the College record for the event, gained first place with a heave of 154 feet, 10 7/8 inches.

The Crimson placed fourth in team competition with 27 1/2 points. Cornell won with 50 points to 39 1/2 for Yale, the defending champion. Then came Navy, Harvard, Dartmouth, Army and Princeton, Columbia, Brown, and Penn.

Harvard's other point-getters were Charlie Durakis and Bob Twitchell, who placed fifth and sixth in the 120-yard low hurdles; Dick Barwise, involved in a five-way tie for second in the high jump at six feet; Ed Gruztener, who nipped Cornell's Jim Lingel for second place in the 440; Bob Curran, fifth in the hammer throw; Fred Ravreby, fifth in the javelin throw; Bob Ray, third in the shot put; the quarter mile relay team, which placed fifth; Bob Mello, one of four men who tied for third in the pole vault; and the mile relay team, which placed third behind Cornell and Navy.