Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Gov't Tutors Approve Main Bender Points

Agree That Tutorial Should Not Get Credit or Be Required For Non-Honors Candidates

Two cardinal tenets of last fall's Bender Advising Report received the unofficial approval of Government Department tutors yesterday, while another main principle of the Report was unanimously rejected.

The junior members of the Government department voted than any extended tutorial for upperclass non-honors men should be neither compulsory, nor should it receive regular course credit. Although everyone agreed that some form of progress record should be kept on individual students, opinion was divided on exactly what form the grading should take.

The tutors also upheld both the Bender and Student Council Repots on the limit to the size of effective tutorial groups. A 15-8 vote sustained the opinion that five is the maximum number that should be assigned a single group.

But every man present at the tutors' luncheon disapproved of the cutting back individual tutorial for honors seniors which the Bender Repot advocates. The gathering felt that first priority should go to individual honors senior attention, and as many individual honors juniors as possible.

The government tutors also expressed their intention of experimenting with various types of groups next year before recommending further specific details for any new program.

For members of the Student Council Committee on Tutorial at Harvard were also present.