The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Experts, Novices Gather For Folk Dance Festival

Folk dances from a dozen countries will enliven an International Folk Dance festival to be held in Memorial Hall tomorrow night at 8 p. m., with a chance for the general audience to trip a few instructional measures.

Several folk dance groups will gather for demonstration purposes, among them the Swedish Folk Dance Club of Boston under the direction of Axel Spongberg. An Armenian dance group will also give an exhibition of native terpsichore, followed by the unusual dances of old Poland by the Krakowianki Dance Group of Boston.

Two solo presentations are also scheduled. A Spanish dance will be interpreted by Mrs. Elizabeth Pope Compton in authentic original costume. A progression of Russian dances from the 17th century on will be staged by Miss Elena Sergeyeva and Chris and David Bird.

The general folk dancing will be led by E. Eddy Nadel, director of the Harvard Folk Dance Society. It will include the Viennese waltz, polkas, the Swedish hambo, schottisches, and figure dancing from America, Germany, and Scandinavia.

The admission charge of 78 cents per capita, or one dollar a couple, includes refreshments.