Air Force ROTC Doubles in Size; Army, Navy Grow

Over twice as many Air Force cadets as last year are enrolled in the College R.O.T.C. unit, Major Lloyd R. McKeehan, assistant professor of Air Science and Tactics announced yesterday.

At the same time, Colonel Charles P. Summerall, professor of Military Science and Tactics, said that he was eager to admit 20 more freshmen to the Field Artillery unit, even after the previously announced deadline for enrollment at 5 p.m. yesterday. Summerall's unit already numbers 270, over 100 more than were enrolled last fall.

The Air Force department, which is offering a Flight Operations course for the first time this year, has attracted 440 students to its courses in contrast to 210 last year. Two hundred and thirty-five of these are freshmen, almost three times as many as entered the program last fall.

Under a new authorization by Congress, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit admitted 50 more freshmen than last year to its contract program. Although exact figures were not disclosed, it is known that considerably more than last year's 265 students are now in the program.