Committee Keeps Trying to Revive Brattle Theatre

An informal committee composed mainly of Cambridge Productions Corporation members refuse to let the Brattle Theatre die.

Peter Temple, former Brattle general manager, and Phillip H. Rhinelander, instructor in General Education, stated last night that they were still trying to "raise money and find the personnel to reopen Brattle."

According to Rhinelander, the committee has not yet formulated definite plans. Indicating that chances for the theatre were poor, he commented, "The flame is low, but it is not out."

On Monday, Bryant Haliday, Brattle's general manager, had said that the Brattle is through, but both Temple and Rhinelander feel that there is still a slight chance of resurrecting it.

Temple commented that the committee has not yet organized a concentrated drive for money and personnel, but he felt "the money will come fairly easy." The big problem, as far as he is concerned, is getting a company which will put on the same kinds of plays as did the old Brattle players.

The group has not even decided whether or not a reorganized Brattle would be non-profit. Temple indicated that a new company might have a chance to make money.

He added that on the informal committee are both members of the old corporation and Cambridge citizens interested in the theatre.