Rinehart, Wintergreen Team Meet In First Annual Crimson Bowl Game

Wintergreens Boast Huge Line; Passing Key to Rinehart Attack

Wintergreen and Rinehart -- figures whose names have meaning for every Harvard man--today will join in the creation of another Harvard tradition when the first annual Crimson Bowl football game is played in the Stadium.

The contest will begin at 2:00 p.m. Admission is free.

An all-star House football game was played last year, with the opposing groups of Houses arranged according to standings in the House League. When the game drew an enthusiastic turnout the Athletic Association decided to make is a permanent Armistice Day event.

Early this autumn, Adolph Samborski '25, Director of Intramural Sports, undertook a careful examination of standings in House sports for the past 17 years.

Samborski found that over the years, Dunster, Eliot, Adams and Winthrop balanced off Lowell, Kirkland, Dudley and Leverett. He made that his permanent grouping.

The CRIMSON, the co-sponsor of all-star games with the Athletic Association, then conducted a contest to pick a name for the game and nicknames for the two teams. Walter M. Ulin '54 of Dunster House won.

So today, Wintergreen, the indefatigible presidential candidate who is the people's choice in Cambridge every autumn, gains the solid support of men of Winthrop, Adams, Eliot and Dunster.

Across the field, riotous Rinehart, the lonely freshman whose name has become the battecry of the Harvard man in trouble, will have Dudley, Leverett, Lowell and Kirkland men backing him.

It should be a good game.