Varsity Runs last Practice, Shows Spirit

They laid a train of red flares between the practice enclosure and the Field House yesterday, and they played band records, because it was the football team's last heavy workout of the season.

Every blackboard in the place had a great "Beat Yale" scrawled across it. Over the doorway a taped message warned that "A Team That Won't Be Beat Can't Be Beat."

Apparently it's all having a good effect, for Coach Lloyd Jordan said after the secret workout that the squad's spirit is "good."

"We're up, for this one," he said. "We'll give a good account of ourselves."

The squad is in good shape, Jordan said, although he has definitely abandoned plans to use Bob Hardy, Brain Reynolds, and Ron Noonan. Linebacker Hardy and defensive halfback Reynolds were injured against Princeton, while Noonan separated a shoulder in the Brown loss.

Jordan laughed off rumors that John Tulenko, a wingback on last year's team, would dress against the Elis.

"Somebody missed the boat there," Jordan chuckled. "Why, Johnny hasn't put on a football suit since he was injured last season.