Five to Meet Rhode Island In Scrimmage at I A B Today

Norm Shepard, still looking for the right lineup with the season's opener only a week away, scrimmages his starting varsity five--including at least two and probably three sophomores--against Rhode Island University in the Indoor Athletic Building at 2 p.m. today.

Harry Sachs, six foot three inch sophomore, and Paul Shaw, high scorer on last year's freshman team, are the second year men who will definitely start. Against M.I.T. earlier in the week, Sachs and Shaw entered the game with the Crimson trailing 13 to 10, and sparked the varsity to a 60-46 win. Sachs was the game's high scorer with 22 points.

The third member of the Yardling team that won 14 out of 15 games who may open today is guard Roger Bulger. Like Shaw, Sachs, and the man he may replace, Ed Krinsky, Bulger is from the New York Metropolitan area. He is a slightly better set shot than the aggressive Krinsky, and Shepard was undecided last night as to which one he would start.

Captain Dick Lionette will open at center, while Bill Dennis, high scoring junior, will team, with Sachs at forward.

Shepard will not alternate completely different teams, but will keep substituting men at different positions in an attempt to find the best unit.

Bob Gremp and Forrest Hanson, the former a junior the latter a senior, both of whom started sporadically last year, will pay often at toward. Shepard plans to spell Lionette at center with sophomore Dick Manning. Manning, not as smooth as Lionette, turned in the best rebounding performance against Tech, and Shepard is anxious to play him.

Ed Condon, junior guard who started most of last year's games, and Rollin Perry, captain of last year's freshmen, will work at guard.