Forum Discusses Educational Bias

A Negro will speak in fovar of segregation in schools and a Southerner for its abolishment at the second Harvard Law Forum tonight at Sanders Theatre, considering the question: "Can We Afford Segregation in Our Public Schools?"

The speakers will be Thurgood Marshall, Special Counsel of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Marion A. Wright, President of the Southern Regional Council, and journalist A. G. Ivey, a Nieman Fellow at the University. The moderator for the forum will be Assistant Professor William Covington Hardee of the Harvard Law School.

Marshall has been one of the outstanding fighters for "separate but equal" rights for Negroes in education. In 1946 he received the Springarn Medal for "the Negro making the greatest contribution to the advancement of the Negro in America."

Wright is President of the South Carolina Conference of Social Workers and former chairman of the South Carolina Commission on Adult Education. He is a leader in the Southern movement to abolish segregation in Public schools.

Another proponent of the "separate but equal school," A.G. Ivey opposes the Dixiecrats and their anti-civil rights stand. He is former associate editor of the Winston-Salem Journal and Sentinel.

Tickets may be obtained at the Forum office at Walter Hastings Hall and at the door of Sanders Theatre.