Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Former Economics Lecturer's Wife First Chinese Baroness in Britain

Hsiao-Li, the wife of a former Harvard lecturer, yesterday became the first Chinese to be given the rank of Lady in the English peerage. Her husband, Michael Lindsay, automatically received the rank of Baron of Birker upon the death of his 72 year old father.

A lecturer in economics in 1946 and '47, and student at the Harvard-assisted Yenching University, Lindsay is now a member of the faculty at the National University in Canberra, Australia.

Friends in the Boston area say Lady Lindsay will in no way let the new title go to her head. They remarked that she is probably the only member of the peerage who has "roughed" it in every sense of the word.

Married before the war, the Lindsay's had just settled down in Peking when the Japanese invaded. The couple fled to the hill region where they fought with the guerrillas for three years. During this time Lindsay was responsible for radio communications between the front and the rear echelons.

In 1946, the couple came to England and lived with Lindsay's family in Staffordshire.