Teacher Club Opens Annual Session Today

Today marks the beginning of the sixty-first annual meeting of the Harvard Teachers Association. Gathering to hear about and discuss "Knowledge Without Goodness," the group, predominantly consisting of secondary school teachers and administrators, will hold conferences here for the next five days.

The first meeting will take place in Sanders Theatre at 4 p.m. this afternoon, and will be open to the public upon the payment of a small registration fee. Ending the proceeding Saturday afternoon at a luncheon meeting. Edward A. Weeks, Jr. '22, Editor of the Atlantic Monthly, will speak on "Teaching That Excites."

In conjunction with the Association's meeting, Theodore Greene, professor of Philosophy and Master of Silliman College at Yale University, will give the annual Inglis Lecture at 8 p.m. Thursday night in the Large Lecture Hall, Fogg Art Museum. This talk was established in 1928 in memory of Alexander Inglis, professor of Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, whose entire career was devoted to the study of secondary school problems. The purpose of the lectures is to continue in the spirit of his work and to solve problems in the fields of his interest.

Professor Greene is a well-known authority on the philosophy of education and is the co-author of "Liberal Education Re-Examined: Its Role in a Democracy."