College Awards Grant To 7 German Student

Activities Stressed In Integration Plan

Seven German student leaders will spend next year at the College under full tuition scholarships, Joseph H. Zuch '54, chairman of the Student Council Exchange and Scholarship Committee, announced yesterday.

They will be selected from among all the universities in Germany through the Verband Deutscher Student enschaften, ten, the National Student Union. Carl Sapers '53 is currently abroad arranging for this selection.

These scholarships mark the expand of a program initiated last fall by the International Committee of the Student, Council, which selected one student, Wolfram Rohde-Liebenau, as the recipient of the first such scholarship. His success in integrating with the college community was one of the factors prompting the administration to grant the additional financial aid.

The next students will stay for a year while keeping in constant contact with their home university by mail. In this way they will not lose their leaders status and will return in a position spread the experience gained here.

Although these students will correspond to seniors here, they will carry minimum academic load and put great emphasis on their extra-curricular activities.

The International Committee feels that it is not only the academic pattern, but also the role of the individual independent groups working within the university which differentiates American student life from all others.

Although the University will provide for only the nine months spent at Harvard, the Student Council hopes that the men will be able to stay in this country over the following summer and live with American families.