Nat. Sci. Courses Will Open Allston Burr Hall Next Week

Natural Sciences 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be the first General Education courses to be given in the new Allston Burr Lecture Hall, Registrar Sargent Kennedy ,28 announced yesterday. Other courses will move in as soon as the building's schedule settles down, he added.

Edwin C. Kemble, professor of Physics, will "christen" the $800,000 building he helped to plan, when he gives his lecture in Natural Sciences 2. "Principles of Physical Science," at 12 noon, Monday. Leonard K Nash '29, assistant professor of Chemistry, thus yields precedence to kemble by holding his 9 a.m. Monday Natural Sciences 4 lecture in Byerly Hall and not moving to Burr until Wednesday.

But Hall, which is equipped for Scientific demonstrations, will relive pressure or other College buildings, including the New Lecturer Hall and Sever. By housing both physical and chemical supplies, it will eliminate transferring apparatus back and forth between Mallinckrodt and Mallinckrodt and Byerly.

Natural Sciences 1,2, and 4's 70 to 80 student classes "will swim" in the smaller of the Hall's two amphitheaters, the 207 seat Room A., according to Philippe E. Le Corbeiller, Professor of Applied Physics. Natural Science 3's 335 students, however, will fill in Room B, which seats 377 persons.

The heads of these four Natural Sciences courses have held weekly luncheon sessions to talk shop for six years. Nash explained this unity: "Although we don't do the same experiments, we do draw different things from a common stock."

However, Natural Sciences 5, which deals mainly with biology, will continue to meet in the Geological lecture room, since it has several lab periods.