Boston Lacrosse Club Loses 6-5 to Crimson Varsity Ten

Winning lacrosse returned to the New Playing Field Saturday, with the varsity's thrilling 6 to 5 triumph over the Boston Lacrosse Club, and the freshman's 10 to 6 victory over Mount Hermon.

But the veterans of the B.L.C. made the varsity work for its victory: the score was tied three times; and not until seven seconds before the final whistle did attack man Ned Yost sink the shot that sent the crowd of 100 home happy.

It was an exciting--if not particularly well-played game, right down to the college stars. The B.L.C. sported a host of former college stars, notably midfielder Byron Forbush (captain of Johns Hopkins last year, and second team All-American), Bill Stuff also of Hopkins, and Dean Armstrong of R.P.I. (a participant in last season North-South all-star game).

Forbush led both teams in scoring with three goals. Two of these came within 11 seconds at the beginning of the last period, enabling the B.L.C to pull one goal ahead, 5 to 4.

But sophomore Monk Aiello scored on a freak shot which bounced off a defense man's chest and into the goal at 13:43, to tie the count again and set up Yost's winner.

The varsity started off well, grabbing a two goal first period lead on tallies by Todd Goodwin and Chuck Edwards. Aiello made it 3 to 0 at 2:50 of the second before the B.L.C. put on a three goal spurt to knot the count, while blanking the varsity throughout the third period.

With the Crimson one man short, Ron Huebsch converted a perfect Bob Baldwin pass at 4:34 of the last period. Then came Forbush's two goals and the eventual denouement.

Yardlings Romp, 10 to 6

Good Passing and skillful shooting made the difference as the freshman lacrosse team outdistanced Mount Hermon, 10 to 6. Speaking the Yardling ten were standout attack man Jim Dorsey, who accounted for three goals, and midfielder Tim Anderson, who got two allies and an assist.

Though tied at 3 to 3 at the end of the first quarter, the Yardling began to co-ordinate their play in the second frame and scored four goals, adding two in the third and one in the fourth quarter to clich the win. Although pleased, Coach Bob Pickett commented, "They still have a long way to go."