Tennis Team Takes 9-0 Win; Crimson Favored Over MIT

Barely extended in last Saturday's match with Springfield, the varsity tennis squad is expected to have as easy a time in this afternoon's meeting with M.I.T. here at 3:45 p.m.

The Crimson took every match, both singles and doubles, against Springfield, winning 9 to 0.

Coach Jack Barnaby will make one change in the singles lineup of the team which met Springfield. This team, composed of Captain Charlie Ufford as first man, followed by John Rauh, Dave Watts, Gene Mann, Gerry Murphy, and Don Bossart, will be altered by inserting Art French in the number three sart will not play.

Barnaby is not certain of the doubles teams he will start against M.I.T. His fourth, fifth, and sixth teams all won close contests with Springfield. These teams were Steve Sonnabend and Mike Ward, Don Spencer and Frank Goodman, and Chase Peterson and Dick Becker. All three of these teams needed the full three sets to win.

At the same time that the varsity starts against M.I.T. here, the Yardlings tackle the Tech freshmen at the M.I.T. courts. Coach Corey Wynn will field the identical singles lineup that best Milton Academy 7 to 2 last Wednesday. Alex Haegler will play first man, followed by Geoff Ball, Bill Wister, Mike Levinson, Bob Crouch, and Dan Mayers.