Yale Club's Members Agitate Again For own Building, or 'Little Room'

A search for "a little room of our own" is being pressed with increasing vigour by Yale alumni in this area, it was learned yesterday.

The Yale Club, composed of 850 men without a clubhouse, is again seeking to revive member interest in the opening of either a Yale Club building, or else the opening of quarters within other clubs or hotels in Boston.

According to Alex M. Hammer, Jr., secretary of the Club, over one-quarter of the membership has replied favorably to a questionnaire he sent out two weeks ago. The document asks whether members would: 1) Like to have club quarters of their own? 2) If so, would they prefer an uptown or downtown location? 3) If not, would they like to have a room set aside in the University Club for their use?

"I think this means we will probably end up with a room of our own somewhere," Hammer said last night, "but I doubt whether we will construct a club building now." The Yale Club's former lodgings on Beacon Hill were closed several years ago, he said, due to high costs and lack of member support.

Last spring, it was reported that the Yale Club had hoped to take up residence in the Harvard Club on Commonwealth Avenue. Harvard Club members, however, voted the measure down.