Deerfield Tennis Team Defeats Yard Squad, 6-3; Wister Missing

Deerfield pinned a 6 to 3 defeat on the Yarding tennis team at Soldiers Field Courts yesterday. Corey Wynn's club was handicapped by the absence of regular number five man Bill Wister.

The Green and White clinched the match in the singles play, as Mike Levinson was the only freshman to win. The Crimson came back strongly in the doubles, but it was too little too late. Yesterday's match was the second to last for the Yardlings, who finish their season at Dartmouth tomorrow.

The summary: Colin Cullin (D) defeated Alex Haegler, 6-4, 6-3; Conrad Fischer (D) defeated Ed Koerner, 6-4, 6-4; Mike Levinson (H) defeated Rudy Wachshan, 7-5, 7-5. Sam Eells (D) defeated Geoff Ball, 6-2, 9-7; Craig Fanning (D) defeated Dan Mayers, 7-5, 6-4; and Jim Gay (D) defeated Bob Crounch, 6-3, 7-5.

Haegler and Crouch (H) defeated Cullin and Fischer, 6-3, 6-4; Mayers and Ball (H) defeated Wachshan and Eells, 4-6, 9-7, 6-2; and Fanning and Jim Taylor (D) defeated Doug Manchester and Dave Berndt, 13-11, 6-4.