ENTERTAINMENT IN BOSTON AND CAMBRIDGE

As if Class Week activities weren't enough, the Boston area offers its usual plethora of movies, plays and assorted ear and eye-catchers. We hope the list below will offer helpful suggestions.

Plays

The Italian Straw Hat--A light, cheerful comedy around the corner at the Brattle Theatre. 7:30 p.m.

Movies

Valley of the Eagles--An unusual spectacle filmed in Lapland, featuring killer eagles and reindeer stampeding over mountain cliffs. At the Metropolitan.

Outcast of the Island--Her marathan kiss has been clipped by the Boston censors, but exotic, exciting Karima still has a lot to offer. At the Astor.

Narrow Margin--At the Pilgrim Stars Charles McGraw and Jaquilene White in a thriller that rivals Alfred Hitchcok's best.

Encore--A sequel to W. Somerset Maugham's Trio and Quartet. At the Exeter.

Singing In the Rain--Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds take you back to the '20's in a fine musicale. At the University Theatre.

Twelve O'Clock High--Gregory Peck is an air force pilot in this re-release war picture. On the same bill is Canadian Pacific, filmed in color. At E. M. Loew's Center.

Ivory Hunter--Lions and tigers and everything, filmed in technicolor in Africa. At the RKO Memorial.

Lydia Bailey--An adaptation of Kenneth Robert's novel of sex and voodoo in Haiti. Starts Wednesday at the RKO Memorial.

Miscellaneous

Boston Pops--Tonight in Class of '27 night, featuring Harvard tunes and David M. Keiser '27, pianist, in Mozart's Concerto in A minor.

Casino--Presents lots of visible flesh in the persons of Winnie Garret and Lyn Paige.

Boston Braves--Struggling toward the first division, entertain the Cincinnati Reds in a twi-night doubleheader tomorrow and night games Wednesday and Thursday.