Trinity Beats Soccer Team

A brilliant one-man show by Trinity center forward Pete Carlough gave the Hilltoppers a 3-1 victory over the Crimson at Hartford Saturday.

Bruce Munro's underdog squad took an early but short-lived lead when Stacy Holmes scored at 14:36 of the first quarter. Carlough evened things up in less than a minute with the first of his three goals.

For the rest of the first half, the Crimson, led defensively by Captain Bobby Dean, played on even terms with Trinity, Dean kept all New England wing George Lunt successfully bottled up throughout the game.

One Man Show

Carlough got his second goal with 20 minutes gone in the third period. Crimson goalie Pete Briggs made a dive for the ball, but it took a flue bounce and eluded him. Eight minutes later Carlough tallied again for the last score of the day.

Juan Rodriguez, Dean, and Alex Haegler were the standouts on the Crimson defense. Trinity had a superb passing attack and kept the ball moving and in the air whenever it had possession.

The freshman game with Belmont Hill was cancelled.

Wesleyan is the next opponent for the Crimson. The team travels to Middletown for the game on Saturday. The freshmen's next game will be with Tufts, also on Saturday.