Cowles, Hardy Drill in Sweat Suits As Team Prepares for Dartmouth

Wingback Bob Cowles worked out in a sweat-suit yesterday afternoon, as the varsity went through a relatively short, no contact drill. Cowles injured his shoulder at Columbia, but he may well be ready to go against Dartmouth Saturday, which is the best news for Crimson fans since the Navy Princeton score.

Also in a sweat-suit was quarterback Bob Hardy. The two regulars were replaced by sophomore Dexter Lewis and junior Joe Conzelman, when the first eleven ran a dummy scrimmage. Another stranger to the number one line, Joe Ross, took the place of right end Harvey Popell, who was resting after the rugged contest against the Lions. Next to Ross at regular tackle once more was Nick Culolias.

Another strong side end, Bob Cochran drilled in pads again yesterday afternoon. Cochran, a regular offensive lineman as a sophomore last year, has been missing since pre-season practice with a broken fibula.

The Crimson squad seemed spirited yesterday afternoon and was more angered than disheartened about the close less to Columbia. The team is eager to get back on the victory trail at the Stadium Saturday, although it can't be any hungrier than the Dartmouth eleven, which lost its fourth straight last weekend.

Colgate, which fell before the Crimson, 28 to 26, drubbed the Indians, 24 to 12, Saturday. Holy Cross, Army, and Navy also own wins over the Green. Quarterback Jim Miller, who set a Dartmouth completions record last year and who has been injured so far this season, may be ready for Saturday's contest, however.

Coming after Dartmouth on Saturday will be Davidson on October 31. The Southerners have had a soso season so far.