Dudley Wins Intramural Boxing; Dewar Posts Upset Over Wyner

On the House

Four Dadley winners led their House to a 23-13 victory over Kirkland last night in the finals of the intramural boxing tournament.

Ma major upset was scored in the 145 1b. class when Frank Dewar of Dudley won a hard-fought three round decision over unbeaten Norm Wyner of Winthrop. Wyner had knocked out all but one of his previous opponents. Dewar had been runner-up in the division for three consecutive years.

The second surprise of the evening came when Dave Trachtenberg of Dudley, boxing for the first time in his life, defeated Joshua Muss of Lowell in the 175 pound class.

Jim Walsh of Dudley defeated Bud Holfant of Kirkland in the 135 pound class, Dudley's fourth victory was scored by Nick Culolias, in the unlimited division, who decisioned Frank Yoffe, also of Dudley House.

At 125 pounds, Gene Mann of Kirkland scored a TKO at 1:22 of the second round when his opponent, Eduardo Lichauco of Kirkland, suffered a leg injury and was unable to continue.

Ray Daley of Winthrop defeated George Humphroy of Kirkland in the 155 pound class by a TKO in 54 seconds of the second round Geoffrey Ball of Dunster topped John Jones of Dunster in the 165 pound division.

The swim off between Eliot, Adams, 28-20, followed by Krikland's 37-21 victory over the Gold Coasters. Kirkland and Eliot deadlocked, 24-24, in the final meet, which means a final swim-off will be held tomorrow afternoon.