Awards Given to Greeley, Hubbard At Hockey Dinner

Hockey captain Walt Greeley and Amory Hubbard, the team's leading scorer, last night were awarded the John Tudor Memorial Cup as the hockey team's most valuable players.

The Angier Hockey Trophy, awarded annually to the player showing the greatest general improvement during the year, went to goalie Brad Richardson.

Seventeen players, including Greeley, Hubbard, and Richardson, were presented gold hockey pucks in recognition of their recent wins over Yale. Ned Almy, Ed Bliss, John Bray, George Chase, Dick Clasby, Scott Cooledge, Jeff Collidge, Jr., Frank Mahoney, Doug Manchester, Jim Moynihan, Ed Mrkonich, Jim O'Brien, Andy Patton, Norm Wood, Manager Waynard Powning, and Coach Ralph "Cooney" Weiland were also awarded the trophies.

Thomas D. Bolles, Harvard Athletic Director, made the presentations at the annual Hockey Dinner at the Dedham Country and Polo Club.

The hockey team finished the home season with a 5 to 2 win over Yale at the Arena, and then went on to beat the Elis the next weekend at New Haven, 4 to 2. This was the Crimson's first win at New Haven in four years, and gave the team an 8-5-1 record for the season.

The Crimson won the Big Three title by virtue of their two wins over Yale and and a split in two games with Princeton, and finished third in the Pentagonal League.