Adenauer, Conant Visit Here Today

West German Leader To Tour University As U.S. Trip Ends

Konrad Adenauer, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, will pay a brief visit to the University today. He will be accompanied by U.S. High Commissioner to Germany, James B. Conant '14.

The visit will mark the last step on Adenauer's tour of the United States, and Conant's first official return to the University since he accepted the Commission post in January.

Provost Paul H. Buck and David Little '18, Secretary to the University, will meet the German Chancellor and the former Harvard president this morning when their plane lands at Logan Airport.

In his planned four-hour stay, Adenauer will meet informally with faculty members and with German exchange students now studying at the University. He will also visit the Busch-Reisinger Museum of Germanic Culture and will view the collections of the Fogg Art Museum.

At noon the Chancellor will be the guest of the Corporation at a private luncheon in the Fogg Museum. Lotte Adenauer, his daughter who is accompanying him on the trip, will be entertained at a luncheon given by Mrs. Little in Apthorp House.

Among the principal members of the Adenauer party will be Walter Hallstein, Vollrath Freiherr von Maltzan, Heinz L. Krekeler, Heinz Heinrich von Herwarth, Feliz von Eckardt, Alexander Boker, and John F. Simmons, State Department chief of Protocol.

Adenauer plans to fly to Canada later this afternoon.