B-School's Aldrich Hall Provides Perfect Setting For Vigorous Discussions Found in Case System

As 105 students and one professor listen incredulously, a one-time steel executive expounds his own particular solution to a complicated business problem. It's the B-School's case system in action, and, set in the functional splendor of Aldrich Hall, it is a visual lesson in what can be done with years of experience and $5,000,000.

The young professor lounges casually in the pit of the classroom. Some students thoughtfully lean back in their swivel chairs, waiting to discuss the remarks after the session is ended. Other grimmace, anxiously seeking an opportunity to refute the points that are being made. Some will agree, some will disagree, and yet all may be right, for they know that there are no definite answers in the case system.

Aldrich Hall was completed this fall, built with the money John D. Rockefeller, Jr., gave the school two years ago. Almost all of the B-School's classes are now held there with some 1200 students taking advantage of its modern efficiency.