Annex Cancels Annual Senior Spring Dance

Mounting expenses and a desire to avoid duplication have caused Radcliffe's Senior Class Committee to cancel its annual "Spring Weekend."

Instead, Annex seniors have scheduled a dinner for Saturday, May 9, and will attend, with other undergraduates, the Radcliffe Spring Formal.

The festivities will begin with a punch at 6 p.m. on the steps of Cabot Hall for seniors and their dates. A roast beef buffet dinner will follow. Musical entertainment, in the form of the Dunster Dunces, will provide the suitable musical atmosphere for the collation.

After dinner, the seniors and their escorts will dance to the music of Ken Reeves at the Spring Formal. Tickets for the affair are $2.50 per couple.

The cost of the dinner is only 95 cents per couple, the rest being subsidized by the Senior Class Committee. In view of the other financial burdens the committee would have to shoulder if a special dance had been planned, it was decided to abandon plans for an elaborate Spring Weekend, as in former years, and to concentrate on Class Week, preceding graduation.