Brown Plays Host To Soccer Team

Brown, winless in three games, provides the opposition in Providence today as the varsity soccer team seeks its second straight victory.

The Crimson should be the favorite, both on the basis of preseason ratings and comparative scores so far in the season. Wesleyan shut out both teams 2 to 0, but the Crimson edged Williams 3 to 2, while Brown lost, 4 to 2. Brown's third loss was to Yale, 2 to 0.

Coach Bruce Munro may have to change his lineup for today's game if starting fullback John Hadik does not shake off an attack of flu.

If Hadik cannot start, Munro will shift Mauricio Toro from center forward to full. Toro has been hindered by a leg injury that forced him out of the Williams game, but he played well at full in a scrimmage with the Business School Thursday.

To fill Toro's place, Munro will probably use Chuck McVeagh, a sophomore who is playing his first soccer this fall. Otherwise the regular starting lineup will be unchanged.

A strong Yardling team is also favored against the Brown cubs this afternoon. The Crimson freshmen shut out Exeter 5 to 0 in their first game with Shad Tubman scoring four goals.