Damis Shines in Jayvee Triumph

Three fourth quarter touchdowns by sophomore halfback Jim Damis gave the Crimson jayvees a 27-6 victory over Princeton on the Tigers' home field Saturday. It was the fourth consecutive win for Coach Norm Shepard's squad, which lost its season's opener to Brown.

Each team scored once in the first quarter, quarterback Joe Crehore accounting for the Crimson tally on a 15 yard run around left end. Damis's attempted conversion was blocked, however. The Tigers then came right back to score on a pass play, but they too failed to kick the extra point, and the score remained tied at 6 to 6.

It was still 6 to 6 with eight minutes to go in the final quarter, when Damis started to roll up points for the Crimson. He scored first from about 25 yards out on a short pass from Crehore, and then also kicked the point, to give the visitors a 13 to 6 advantage. Three minutes later, with the Crimson again in possession of the ball in Princeton territory, Damis took the ball from Crehore on a Statue of Liberty play and once more carried it over, again adding the extra point.

The Crimson's final score, also made by Damis, came with three minutes left to play when, after one touchdown had been called back, Damis took a lateral from Crehore and raced over from about 30 yards out.