Sextet Has Tough Schedule In Remaining Eight Contests

The Pentagonal crown is still attainable to the much-defeated but league-leading hockey team, for the stretch, the sextet will be at full strength for the fist time this season. But the resulting few line-up faces five out of its remaining eight contests against teams ranked above it in the East.

Even the NCAA tournament is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, although the Crimson's six straight losses in a western invasion over Christmas would make its choice by a selection committee very doubtful. On Feb. 15, Harvard and second-ranked Boston College, now without high-scoring Jim Duffy, meet. A convincing varsity triumph in this and all remaining game might atone for two close previous defeats by the Eagles.

In the meantime, this Saturday the team must prove its shutout of Dartmouth Jan. 9 in the Pentagonal League opener was no fluke. The Indians and the Crimson meet in the rubber match of a three-game series at the Winter Carnival.

But now coach Cooney Weiland has long-awaited Bill cleary, as well as veteran defenseman Tony Patton ready to play. The team itself has never laid its defeats on those missing, but the tendency among side-line supporters has been to say. "Wait until Cleary gets back." Now at least Cleary, last year's record-breaking high-scoring freshman, is back.

The new line-up has Cleary on the firs line at center with Captain Normie Wood and Dick Clasby on the wings. Wood's skating ability should help his shift to wing, and Cleary's play-making ability should give the line a definite scoring ability. The second line of Doug Manchester, sophomore Joe Crehore, and Scott Cooledge remains intact. The ex-first-line wings, Ned Bills and Job Bray, teaming with Frank Mahoney should greatly strengthen the third line.