Basketball, Wrestling, Hockey Teams Play Yale

Last-Place Quintet Seeks to Break String of Nine Losses Tonight

Although the varsity basketball team beat Yale on January 16, the Elis will be heavily favored in their meeting in New Haven tonight, for the Crimson hasn't won a league game since.

In the first division the last time the two team played, the varsity has dropped its last nine games and now finds itself in the E.I.B.L. cellar with a 2-10 record. Yale, having won five out of twelve, is tied for fifth with Dartmouth. The Crimson needs a victory this evening to move into a deadlock for seventh with Brown.

Chances for that win are slim, however, for both Dick Manning and Captain Ed Krinsky have suffered ankle injuries. Manning is definitely not ready, and sophomore Bob Bowman will take his place at center; Krimsky is still a possible starter. If the guard has to be replaced, Coach Norm Shepard will use either Roger Bulger or Rollin Perry. Harry Sacks and Bill Dennis will open at the forwards.

Ed Condon, whose defensive play sparked the earlier 66-54 win over Yale, will once again cover the speedy little Eli guard, Ellsy Morgan. Another key man in the Bulldog attack, Captain Spence Schnaitter, who was handled by Manning in the previous game, will be Dennis' man tonight.

Meanwhile, Bowman will try to stop Frank Demcak, who paced the Elis' scoring in the January contest. That leaves Sacks on Jim Plecas, the league leader in field goal accuracy. Plecas is available again after missing much of the season, as is Blair LeRoy. Shepard fears that these men will make Yale a far tougher foe than it was earlier in the year.

The varsity game will begin at 8:30 p.m., with the freshmen playing a 6:30 p.m. preliminary. The unbeaten Yardlings face their 16th and final foe tonight. Coach Floyd Wilson plans to start Captain Bob Dolven and Phil Haughey at the forwards, Bob Canty at center, and Lew Lowenfels and Dick Hurley at the guards.