Eliot Will Stay Out of All-College Weekend; Crimson Key Attacked

Eliot has decided to remain the only House not having an organized social function on Friday of the All-College Weekend.

In addition the House's Social Committee chairman has called the weekend "un-Harvardian" and "too rah-rah," and has attacked the Crimson Key's administration of the event. "A unified social function for the whole College can be better handled by groups other than the Key," Johnson C. Montgomery '55, committee chairman, asserted.

Montgomery, the Social Committee, and Housemaster John H. Finley, Jr. '25 conferred yesterday and decided against having a dance on the evening of April 23. Instead, the House will serve refreshments in its Common Room and will try to get the parietal rule deadline for the night extended from 8 to 11 p.m.

The proposed change in parietal rules, suggested by the committee and under consideration by Finley, is a new development in plans for the weekend. Finley will decide today whether convention among Housemasters, who usually follow a common policy on parietals makes the extension desirable.

Meanwhile, Leigh Hoadley, Master of Leverett House, said yesterday that the parietal deadline for Saturday of the All-College Weekend will be uniformly set back from 11 to 8:30 p.m., the time when the Crimson Key's open dance begins in the I.A.B.