Varsity Tips Indians, 10-8, In Rainy Lacrosse Contest

Behind both the weather and Dartmouth, the varsity lacrosse team unveiled a four goal last period to overcome both the elements and the Indians, 10 to 8, at the Business School Field Saturday.

The Business School Field was a quagmire, the afternoon's steady downpour had become a torrent and Dartmouth led 7 to 6 when center midfielder Tim Anderson drove a flick shot on an an assist from Ed Curtis past the Indian goalie to tie matters at 1:31. On the face-off following the goal Anderson took the ball, drove his way around three defenders, and tossed to Monk Aiello who made it 8 to 7 at 1:40.

Dartmouth scored half a minute later, but Fred Horween put the Crimson ahead again by taking the subsequent face-off and driving in for a solo goal at 2:25. For over 11 minutes the teams traded possession with no score.

With a minute left, the Crimson three men down because of penalties, Albie Wells, the only Crimson player able to cross the center line, picked a loose ball out of a pileup in his own territory and sped downfield for an assist to Aiello at 13:54.

The less experienced midfield of Anderson, Wells, and Dexter Lewis was far and away the top line of the day, figuring in six of the ten Crimson scores. Lewis scored twice, Anderson scored once and assisted twice, and Wells assisted once.

Ed Curtis had four assists and a goal. Phil Waring scored twice and Aiello had three goals and an assist.

The freshmen lost to Dartmouth, 9 to 2. Stan Yassukevich and Bob Murphy made the Crimson goals.