Varsity Lacrosse Team Loses 9-3 Contest to Yale

The varsity lacrosse team's hopes for an undefeated New England season and the first victory over Yale since before the war vanished quickly Saturday afternoon when the Elis ran up a 7 to 1 halftime lead and coasted an a 9 to 3 win.

Yale, passing sharply and outplaying the Crimson in every department, moved to a 3 to 0 lead in the first period before Dexter Lewis gained possession of a loose ball behind the cage and passed to Monk Aiello who tossed it in from just outside the crease.

Taking full advantage of several penalties against the Crimson, the Blue scored four first-half goals when the Crimson had a man out. Eli attackmen Jack Taylor and Jack White were continually free at the crease as the fast passwork forced Crimson defensemen to leave the extra man unguarded.

Lewis made the only impressive showing of the day for the Crimson. In addition to his assist, he scored the varsity's two fourth-period goals. Ed Curtis and Phil Waring, usually high scoring attackmen, couldn't muster a goal between them.

JV's, Freshmen Lose

Outrunning the varsity throughout the game and particularly during the first half, the three Yale midfielders would streak downfield with the three Crimson defending midfielders loping ten yards behind. The players ascribed their lethargy to the long bus ride--they left Cambridge at eight and arrived at one--and to the psychological letdown after last week's win over Dartmouth.

The junior varsity and freshmen also fell to Yale teams. Jack Howard scored twice in the 6 to 2 Jayvee loss on good support by midfielders John Law and Dave Rogers.

The freshman game was the worst rout, a 15 to 3 shellacking by the Yale Pups.