Columbia Will Honor Pusey AtCeremonies

President Pusey and Erwin N. Griswold, Dean of the Law School, will be among 33 government officials and educators upon whom will be conferred honorary degrees at Columbia's combined commencement and bicentennial convocation, June 1, it was learned yesterday.

Also receiving honorary doctorates of Law, in addition to Pusey and Griswold, will be Secretary of State John Foster Dulles, Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Lewis Strauss, Oveta Culp Hobby, Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare, A. Whitney Griswold, president of Yale University, and Wesley A. Sturges, Dean of Yale Law School.

This will be part of Columbia's year-long 200th anniversary celebration, which has included the issuance of a special commemorative postage stamp, commemorating the founding of the school, and numerous forums and discussions, all based on the bicentennial theme, "Man's Right to Knowledge and the Free Use Thereof."

On the night before this convocation, president emeritus of Columbia, Dwight Eisenhower, will deliver the main address at the national bicentennial dinner at the Waldorf-Astoria.

The third and final convocation will take place October 31 in the New York Cathedral, with Queen Mother Elizabeth of England as the honored guest.

Earlier this year, Pusey received his first honorary degree since his inauguration, from Yale at New Haven on November 23.