Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Rockefeller Institutes Grant of $20 Million For Divinity Schools

John D. Rockefeller, Jr. yesterday inaugurated a 20-million dollar fund to "strengthen and develop Protestant theological education in the United States."

The grant, composed of securities, will be handled by the Sealantic Fund, a philanthropic agency Rockefeller set up in 1938. No specific purpose for the gift has been announced yet, aside from the expansion of the nation's theology schools.

George H. Williams, Acting Dean of the Divinity School, last night praised Rockefeller's action. "We rejoice at his vision in recognizing the importance of a comprehensive program to train new ministries," he said.

Pusey Headed Survey

Williams added that the fund came at a favorable time as it coincides with the completion of a survey into theological education conducted by a committee of the American Association of Theological Schools. President Pusey headed the survey, which also receives its support from the Rockefeller fund.