E.T.S. Announces Exam Schedules For Grad Schools

The dates of tests required for 1956 admission to many of the nation's major law and graduate schools were announced yesterday in Princeton by T. J. Terral, director of Test Administration for the Educational Testing Service.

Examinations for prospective law students who plan to apply to more than 100 leading law schools will be held November 12, and February 18, April 21, and August 11, 195. At least 10,000 applicants took the test last year.

Terral noted that since many law schools select their freshmen classes in the spring preceding their entrance, candidates for admission next year are advised to take either the November or February test.

Record Exam Set

The Law School Admission Test is comprised of objective questions measuring verbal aptitudes and reasoning ability rather than specific acquired information. Applications to take the law tests must be made to the Service at least ten days before the desired testing date, Terral stated.

The Graduate Record Examinations which many graduate schools prescribe for fulfillment of their admission requirements will be administered November 19, and January 21, April 28, and July 7, 1955.

The Educational Testing Service warned that each applicant should ascertain which date is preferable for his chosen graduate school. Students planning to apply for fellowships normally take the designated examinations in the fall administration.

The Graduate Record Examinations include a test of general scholastic ability and advanced level tests of achievement in sixteen major academic fields. Candidates are permitted to take the Aptitude test and one of the Advanced Tests.

Educational Testing Service offices are located at 20 Nassau Street, Princeton.