Yale Takes '59 Game, Dominates House Tests

Pass From Fogarty Scores Touchdown

By Phillip M. Boffey

NEW HAVEN, Nov. 18--An outweighed Winthrop House football team took to the air when its ground attack failed today, to defeat powerful Calhoun College 13 to 7 for the House-College championship. Winthrop's winning touchdown came seconds before the game ended.

Calhoun completely dominated the first period, but an intercepted pass followed by a long completion from Ed Fogarty to Rex Snodgrass gave the Puritans a first down on the seven yard line as the quarter ended.

After being stopped on the three by the stubborn Calhoun line, Winthrop regained possession and took to the air midway through the second period. Fogarty passed to Mark Abramovitz, who carried to the one yard line. Fogarty then scored on a quarterback sneak, and passed to Dave Lubetkin for the extra point.

Calhoun scored its points in the third period when Bill Dickinson went over from the three. Calhoun passed for the extra point.

After the kick-off, Fogarty and Lubetkin took over for Winthrop. Alternating hand-offs to Lubetkin with passes to Lubetkin, Fogarty moved his team 94 yards in seven plays to the Calhoun three yard line. The Elis held, but were forced to kick, and on third down Fogarty passed to Lubetkin for the winning touchdown.