Tiger J.V. Eleven To Play Crimson

"I guess the team who has the best coxswain will win," said JV coach Norm Shepard last night referring to today's JV football game here with Princeton. The latest storm has soaked the fields ankle-deep with water for two days now.

This, said Shepard, will tend to equalize the teams' performances. Both the Crimson and Princeton JV's work from a T; beyond this there is not much on which to compare them.

Princeton has played only one game so far, which it lost to Navy, 26-2. The Jayvees, with a 1-2 season to date, have beaten Dean Academy 19-13 while losing to the Dartmouth and Tufts JV's, 19-0 and 13-7.

Princeton Ends

The Princeton JV is bolstered by two experienced ends recently cut from the varsity, Jim Valuska and Charles Disbrow, who has one touchdown to his credit on the varsity. According to the Princeton JV manager, they are standouts on what is generally a heavy, aggressive line. The manager felt that his team "had a pretty good chance." He would say nothing more about the squad except that it has been forced to practise indoors this week by the rain.

Coach Shepard stated that with three games behind them, his players are now working well as a unit. Jack Hennessy, tailback on last year's freshman team, will start as quarterback with Mick Maguire at fullback and Al Steiner and Ray Henry at halfback positions.

Varsity Possibilities

Both teams claim a full and healthy lineup going into today's game. The only losses may be to the Crimson JV if center Mike Pritchards and end Jack Evjy are moved up to the varsity ranks to replace injuries there.