Undefeated Princeton Squash Team Sweeps Though Crimson Varsity

A very strong, undefeated Princeton squash team handed the varsity its second loss of the season Saturday, 7 to 2, as the Tigers' first three players won in straight games.

National Intercollegiate Champion Roger Campbell defeated Ben Hockscher, the Crimson's number one man, 15-9, 15-6, and 15-10, while Captain Bill Wister bowed to Ted Rodgers, 15-12, 15-7, and 15-9 in the number two match. Playing at number three, Dozler Gardner best the varsity's Guy Paseal, 15-6, 18-17, and 15-7.

Despite the outcome, Coach Jack Barnaby said, "We played much better than against Navy, even though we lost by the same score. All the matches were hard-fought, but Princeton, probably the best team in the East, was just too much."

Bob Brown and Pete Milton scored the Crimson's victories, both beating previously undefeated players. Brown dropped the first game before taking the next three, 18-16, 15-12, and 15-11, from Dan Gardiner, and Milton won from Gary Nash in five games, taking the final 15-13.

The freshman team lost to Exeter Saturday, 3 to 2 at Exeter.