Sextet, First in East, Meets Weakened Terriers Tonight

The varsity hockey team faces undermanned Boston University in a new role--that of the first-ranked team in the East--at 7 p.m. tonight in the Arena. The up-state New York powers, St. Lawrence and Clarkson, fell into the background at yesterday's Hockeywriters' Luncheon, as the Crimson jumped from third to first in the weekly rating.

No upset is expected, for B.U., like Dartmouth, has an able goalie but little to support him. On his good night, John Aiken has almost singlehandedly carried the team. He did so against Boston College in the Beanpot Tourney last week, when B.U. led, 5 to 4, until midway through the final period. Monday night, however, the Eagles avenged the previous scare with an 11-1 rout of the hapless Terriers.

Coach Cooney Weiland plans to use the same reshuffled lines that participated in Saturday's Dartmouth massacre. Doug Manchester will continue to see double duty, starting at defense and centering the second line in its regular turn. Mario Celi will take Manchester's blue line position when he switches to center.

Captain Scott Cooledge, who scored three times in the first period Saturday, will team with Bill Cleary and Ned Bliss on the new first line.

The varsity record is now an impressive 10-2-1, with six games left on the schedule. The NCAA Eastern selection committee, which includes B.U. coach Harry Cleverly, will not consider the 2-1 loss to McGill at Christmas, since games with American teams only are used in selection for the championship tournament.