Varsity Basketball Team to Meet Yale After Defeat by Dartmouth

By Bernard M. Gwertzman

If the Crimson basketball team is not too discouraged after last night's crushing defeat by Dartmouth, it should be a one-point favorite tonight to edge Yale in New Haven. In the most one-sided game in the IAB this season, the Indians routed the varsity, 77 to 54.

Throwing up a beautiful zone defense which completely stopped the Crimson, Dartmouth was never in trouble. Big Jim Francis, the Green's 6-6 sophomore center, controlled the boards and was high scorer with 21 points. Ronny Judson, another Green sophomore, was second in scoring with 19 points.

Crimson Coach Floyd Wilson, his team behind, 33 to 20, at the half, and 45 to 29 with six minutes gone in the second half, substituted freely, clearing his-whole bench in the slaughter, Ike Canty was high for the losers with 11 points.

Although the Crimson has had a very discouraging season, winning but five out of 20 games, the Elis have been even worse, capturing only two of 21 contests. In league play, though, the Crimson is only a half game out of the collar, which is occupied by Yale.

In the freshman game last night, the Yardlings defeated New Hampshire, 83-75.