Eliot Squash Team Loses to Trumbull, 3-2

Winthrop Swimmers to Face Pierson

Yale's Trumbull College defeated Harvard's Eliot House 'A' squash team yesterday, 3 to 2, but Winthrop's undefeated swimmers will try to avenge this defeat today at 2 p.m. in the I.A.B. when they face Pierson College in another annual House-College championship.

Playing in New Haven, the Elephants, winners of the 'A' league squash championship with a 43 and 16 record, managed to win yesterday only in the number one and five positions. First man Lee Folger easily defeated his Yale opponent in three straight games, while George Stone had to win in the fifth and final game to gain the other Eliot victory. Hank Holmes, Nick Ludington, and Maynard Canfield all lost their matches.

The Puritan swimmers set one House record this year while gaining first place in league standings.

Puritans Strong in Medley

The record, set two days ago in a meet against Adams and Lowell, came in the 200-yard relay. Freestylers Roger Clifton, Abba Kaston, Dave Whitman, and Steve Singer swam the distance more than two seconds faster than the old mark of 1:45.8.

Another strong event for the Puritans today will be the medley relay. Two days ago the trio of Ed Ginsburg, Clifton, and Bob Eskin came within three-tenths of a second of setting a House record in this event.

In individual events Red Wolfe and Dave Rubin will swim the 50-yard freestyle against Pierson and Jerry Moulton will be in the 50-yard backstroke. Barry Wasserman is tentatively scheduled to race the breaststroke and Kastin and Whitman will swim the 100-yard freestyle.