Grays Wins Title By Beating Hollis

Grays defeated Hollis, 42 to 35, to win the freshman intramural basketball championship last night in the I.A.B. The basketball title put Grays far ahead of other freshman dorms in the all-sports standings.

Grays scored first of a field goal by Mike Prichard, but Hollis went ahead on a foul shot by Humphrey Nichols, two free throws and a long push shot from the side by Bill Farnham. The losers led by as many as nine points in the first half. But Charley Currier. Dale Junta and Tony Gilbert led a surge for grays that brought the half-time score to Hollis 15, Grays 12.

Grays kept on scoring in the second half, and superior rebounding helped them to victory. Neither team shot well, but Grays got more shots and did not throw the ball away too often.

Currier was high scorer for both teams with 21 points, Dave Lange of Hollis was second with nine, and Junta and Charles Mallonee of Hollis had eight each.

Grays had qualified for last night's game y winning the second half championship Tuesday night. Hollis had taken the first half crown.