Cronell Favored to Defeat Varsity Quintet in Game at I.A.B. Tonight

By Lee Pollak

The Crimson basketball tame begins its weekend push to move out of the Ivy League collar tonight against a favored Cornell squad. A win, not unlikely, coupled with a victory over Yale tomorrow would assure the team of at least a tie for sixth place in the final standings with Brown.

The game is scheduled for 8 p.m. at the I.A.B. and will be preceded by a J.V. House All-Star encounter at 6 p.m.

Cornell, picked to take the League title at the beginning of the season, has compiled a disappointing 10-12 record to date. In Ivy League play, the Big Red has won seven out of 12 games and is currently in fifth place.

Jack Sheehy, Cornell center and second in League scoring, needs only 12 points tonight to break his school's all time varsity scoring record. The Big Red forward, who is averaging close to 20 points a game, scored 33 points in the Ithaca team's early season victory over the varsity.

Starting with Sheehy will be Henry Buncom as the other forward, six foot four Milt Kogan at center, and Dick Meade and Chuck Rolles at guard positions.

Coach Floyd Wilson will start Dick Manning and Dick Hurley as forwards, Ike Canty at center, and Bob Barnett and captain Roger Bulger at guard.