Varsity Wrestlers Rated Over Yale In Today's Meet

Twenty years of Yale wrestling dominance over the Crimson may end by 4:30 p.m. this afternoon in New Haven. For on the basis of Lady Luck, the record book, and Coach Bob Pickett's manipulations the varsity will defeat the Elis for the first time since 1934.

A Crimson win, should it come, will result from a combination of factors, not the least of which will be Pickett's lineup juggling in the usually weak middleweights. The crimson coach, who completes five years in the I.A.B. this afternoon, has dropped undefeated sophomore Bob Gilmore from the 167 to 157 pound class.

His replacement will be sophomore Casper Cronk, an unknown quantity who is wrestling his first varsity match. In the 130 bout Phil Herrera substitutes for the injured Phil Andrews.

Superior Crimson Record

The second factor will be the Crimson's superior record. The eight has won fives matches, tied two, one of which was with Princeton-a club which easily defeated the Elis- and lost two. Yale, on the other hand, has lost six meets and won only three-not a "red-hot record," as Eli Coach John O'Donald puts it.

Perhaps the deciding factor will be the 177 pound match between respective captains Ken Culbert and Jim kousi. A years ago the powerful Kousi snapped Culbert's bid for an individual Crimson scoring record by defeating him, 6 to 0.

Except for Herrera and Cronk, the squad is unchanged: keating (123), Burnaman (137), Murray (147), and Wynn (unlimited).

Two evenly-matched freshman teams will wrestle at 1:30 p.m.