HOLD THAT TIGER

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In determining whether the "big man on campus" still exists or has become an extinct fossil, we are planning to publish a feature on BMOCism at Princeton. We would like to include an additional survey of other Ivy League schools and request your help in this matter.

We would like the information in response to the following questions.

(1) Is there a definite group of BMOC's on your campus? Who are they (campus and undergraduate positions) and why? By BMOC we mean a person who is well-known and commands the respect of the undergraduate body.

(2) How is the BMOC rated as to: a) Intellect, b) Secondary school background, c) Fraternity and social background, d) Extra-curricular pursuits, and c) Family background?

(3) Is the BMOC a type that comes to your school or one that results from his accomplishments there?

(4) Does the BMOC constitute a definite social class on your campus?

(5) How aware is the undergraduate body of these BMOC's and how much respect does the BMOC command?

(6) On your campus, what are the key values for the BMOC to possess?

(7) Has there been a growth or degeneration of "wheel-ism" on your campus?

(8) Is there a positive or negative contribution to the undergraduate body and the school?

(9) What is the opinion as to whether or not the BMOC should be set up as the standard for evaluating the undergraduate as an individual?

(10) How do secret societies affect the situation?

We thank you sincerely for your cooperation in this matter. William F. Rosenbium, Jr.   Associate Editor, The Daily Princetonian (Harvard has no Campus--Ed.)