Phi Beta Kappa's College Chapter Elects 8 Juniors

The Harvard chapter of Phi Beta Kappa last night elected eight juniors to membership.

Those elected were: Michael D. Butler of White Bear Lake, Minn. and Kirkland House; Franklin M. Fisher of New York City and Eliot House; Richard M. Friedberg of New York City and Eliot House; Ronald E. S. Iavazzo of Providence, R.I., and Leverett House.

N. David Mermin of New Haven, Conn., and Eliot House; Daniel A. Rezneck of Troy, N.Y., and Duster House; E. Leo Slaggie, Jr., of Dayton, Ohio, and Lowell House; Harvey Sobelman of Brooklyn, N.Y., and Eliot House.

The eight juniors represent six different fields of concentration. Butler and Rezneck are concentrating in History; Fisher in Economics; Friedberg and Marmin in Mathematics; Ivazzo in Biochemical Sciences; Slaggie in Applied Science; Sobelman in Linguistics and Semitic Languages.

Last spring's Junior Eight included three Adams House men, two each from Dunster and Lowell, and one from Eliot.

The Eight are the first of three groups from their class to enter Phi Beta Kappa.